Home

What does it mean to be home?  Im my mind, I am going back home in a week to be in Yosemite for another summer.  But why is this home to me even though I've only lived there for 3.5 months of my life?  I know it was the first time I felt completely at peace with where I was at that very moment, but I also think it is because of the community I found up there.  It would not have been the same without the people.  If it is the people that make a place home, how are we to find our home?  I live so much of my life (especially in Southern California) feeling like a stranger in my own world, but then I get around people that I like to say "get it" and I don't feel like a stranger anymore.  I know I feel at home with genuine and free-spirited people.  Those who are proud of exactly who they are and don't let society dictate their life.  That is what my home consists of.  I can not wait to be back home with the friends I have come to love.

Find a place you feel at home and keep it in your heart.  Carry it with you for  the times you need to retreat to that place.  One thing that comforts me when I feel out of place is to remind myself to "Be here, Be now, Be you."  Being here and now keeps you in the moment and being you is the only way to truly be happy.  Carry the memories that keep you happy everywhere you go.  Always be yourself and in the moment, no matter how strange that moment may feel.

BE HERE, BE NOW, BE YOU!!!

Comments

Popular Posts