Love what you do, do what you love

I had the privilege of working the best job in the world this summer! I had the honor of being a hiking and backpacking guide for the Yosemite Mountaineering School.  Looking forward to work every day was such an amazing feeling. My job was to hike and share the most beautiful place with people from all over the world.  I went on many day hikes and guided 9 backpacking trips. There were people from all different backgrounds and careers who went out hiking with me, but when we were out there the playing fields were level. We all were there to enjoy nature and live simply. Some of my clients may have been more excited to get to "the real world" than others, but they all seemed to enjoy the simplicity of walking, sleeping and eating.

Not only did I love every part of my job, but I loved every part of my home.  It is so easy to be active up there and always someone to come with.  I had some of the best adventures of my life this summer and bonded in an extremely unique way with many people. When you adventure with another person you develop an unspoken bond with them.  You can look at them and know that you have shared something that no one else can truly understand.  Us Yos-e-mite's get a lot of opportunities to build those bonds and I love that most of us take advantage of it!

Here are some pictures from this summer of adventure that created so many lasting memories and bonds.

Rostrum Highline
Looking toward Glen Aulin


Sam and I on Taft Point

Mathis!

Bud Lake
Red Peak

Echo's

Yosemite Falls Highline

Comments

Popular Posts